Feetbeat encourages workplaces and organisations and members of the general public to get teams of four to eight people together and participate in regular walking. Teams set a goal of a distance they would like to reach by choosing a destination on either the Auckland-north cartoon map, the Great Migration Map or the the New Zealand map and work towards reaching or exceeding this distance.
Teams progress is monitored using the team record sheet. Every 30 minutes of walking earns one square, irrespective of the journey or the map chosen.
Teams are encouraged create unique and fun names and take photos. Prizes are available for the most popular team name, most creative team photo and best team story. There are weekly spot prizes courtesy of Fruitrunners. Although Feetbeat isn’t intended to be competitive it can foster a fun interdepartmental rivalry and competition within the workplace.
- Feetbeat was launched by Auckland Regional Public Health Service in 2004 and has been growing since.
- If you’re interested in reducing stress, getting fit and having fun check out the links below for more information.
- Maybe you could walk to Bluff and back! Or you could name your waka, and take part in the Great Migration.
So, are you interested in taking adventurous voyages? Heard about Feetbeat's Waka journey? Want a creative way to get active? Then this is the place for you!
Nau mai haere mai ki Te Wero o Feetbeat:
Join The Great Migration!
Phone: 623 4600 ext 27749
Private Bag 92 605, Symonds Street
- Instructions and Checklist (PDF, 384.70 KB)
- Online Enrolment form
- Company sign up sheet (PDF, 99.5 KB)
- Feetbeat poster (PDF, 1.93 MB)
- Feetbeat flier (PDF, 90KB)
- Team Entry (PDF, 556.43 KB)
- Team Record Sheet (PDF, 543.74 KB)
- Individual record sheet (PDF, 543.74 KB)
- Great Migration Team record sheet
- Walking tips (PDF, 58.38 KB)
- Feetbeat FAQs (PDF, 56.66 KB)
- General Information (PDF, 221.87 KB)
- Great Migration Information Pack (PDF, 279.39 KB)